UPDATE: Thank you for your interest in the Head of Marketing role at Building Ventures. We are excited to share that the position has been filled. Stay tuned to meet our newest team member, and check back for future opportunities as we continue to grow.
We are very excited to continue to build out our team and add a Head of Marketing to our roster. If you already know that working out of BV’s the Boston HQ with Jesse, Travis, and I would be your dream situation, then please just go ahead and apply here. If that perk isn’t quite enough information to make up your mind, then please read on to learn more about what this unique opportunity would entail. We look forward to hearing from you!
As our Head of Marketing, you will be our brand builder and own all things marketing and communications at BV. More specifically, we will look to you to raise our game in how we convey BV’s investment theses, unique approach, and overall value proposition to:
- Prospective entrepreneurs
- Existing and prospective fund investors
- The broader venture capital and industry ecosystems
More important than what you have done is who you are and what inspires you. To that end, ideal candidates are:
- Storytellers: You possess an uncanny ability to weave a tale and inject the appropriate narrative in all that you do.
- Self-starters: You thrive operating in an independent, unstructured environment and comfortably take the lead on initiatives.
- Precise: You would rather do a few amazing things than many poorly. The details matter to you in all your marketing endeavors.
- Passionate: You have a passion for entrepreneurship and possess a service mindset to support the broader technology ecosystem.
- Amplifiers: You broadcast your “people & products” relentlessly, albeit in an authentic and trustworthy manner that draws people in.
- Hands-On: You know how to do the actual work and are adept in the marketing tool kit – with the opportunity to design the stack!
As an experienced practitioner, you’ve already built great marketing programs and will likely have ideas on the best approach to achieve the firm’s goals. That said, we will look for you to drive marketing excellence across these domains to start:
- Develop the firm’s marketing, branding, and PR efforts:
- Create and distribute content and newsletters
- Develop and maintain the Fund’s online presence (website, social media)
- Create and manage our two main annual events
- Amplify and enhance the investment team’s engagement with the ecosystem
- Engage and enhance relationships with select media and influencers
- Amplify our portfolio companies’ marketing, branding, and PR efforts:
- Manage our social media presence on Twitter and LinkedIn with an emphasis on amplifying our portfolio companies in these channels
What we seek…
- Prior exposure working in a small, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment in the tech or tech related sector
- Experience creating quality content and managing an online presence across platforms
- Experience engaging with the PR and media communities
- Experience organizing and managing events
What we offer…
We offer an entrepreneurial culture in an emerging sector. This is a terrific opportunity for multi-disciplinary marketers who are passionate about the startup ecosystem.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Working with some of the smartest and most accomplished early-stage startups (and also us)
- Fast-paced environment with freedom to create a meaningful impact in a leading early-stage venture capital firm
- Flexible, hybrid workplace based in Boston’s Back Bay
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply here.